Re: So much for Skype.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:37:49AM -0700, CACook@quantum-sci.com wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 May, 2011 08:59:24 Aaron Toponce wrote:
> > First, you're speculating. You have nothing to base your guess on.
> > Microsoft may not have been the most "Linux-friendly" company in the world,
> > but that doesn't mean that they are going to cut the GNU/Linux client of
> > Skype.
> >
> > Second, http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/05/ballmer-skype-announcement/.
> > Quote:
> >
> > Third, Skype is a proprietary client that uses a proprietary protocol. If
> > you're that concerned about it, then you'll run it on a supported platform,
> > even if it means the platform itself is proprietary, such as Microsoft
> > Windows.
>
> LOL, what makes you think that wagging your finger at someone, teaches them anything, or encourages respect for you?

Wagging my finger? What wagging? I put a quick stop to the spreading of
FUD, gave support to back it up, and then explained that GNU/Linux users
that are hell-bent on using Skype will use it elsewhere, should GNU/Linux
support get dropped.

I'm failing to see the "finger wagging".

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o