Re: Does "apt-get dist-upgrade" upgrade the kernel?

On Sb, 07 mai 11, 16:18:53, Camaleón wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running wheezy and it's since weeks that I started wondering when a
> new kernel will come to testing :-)
>
> root@debian:~# cat /etc/issue
> Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid \n \l
>
> test@debian:~$ uname -r
> 2.6.32-5-686
>
> Now (by purely chance) I realized that there is indeed a new kernel
> available in the repositories so that this means it was me making some
> kind of mistake.

You need either the package linux-image-<flavour> or
linux-image-2.6-<flavour> and a new kernel will be installed as soon as
the Kernel Team updates the dependencies of these packages.

Whether one of these packages is installed by default depends on how you
installed that particular machine (example: it might not be installed in
expert mode since AFAIR you get a specific question about which kernel
package to install).

Regards,
Andrei