Re: configuration management

thanks for the replies. replying to Karl's message so that it goes
into the list archive.

so, my thoughts so far:
wikipedia needs updating on this front.
cdist looks pretty simple - i think i could have it up for what i'm
using in a matter of minutes.
cfengine looks pretty old school and it probably does what it does
very well. it seems to have the best documentation and is probably
most widely used.
puppet seems to have decent documentation as well and doesn't seem
that hard to get started with (think i'll probably start with that).
bcfg2..... i just don't know what to think of this. might be cool, it
just doesn't look mature or that it has a niche or anything...