Re: strange Icedove typo (Enigmail?)

On Fri, 06 May 2011 19:08:11 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

> Today I sent an e-mail from my Icedove 2.0.0.24 and I am pretty sure it
> looks different in my Sent folder (and in Sent folder file) than it was
> when I was sending it.
>
> There is an additional '>' char at the beginning of the 3rd line of the
> body (nothing was quoted in this e-mail, it was a "new mail").
>
> Has anyone encountered anything similar?
>
> I ran memtest86+, but with no result.

How weird... Can you reproduce it?

Maybe was just a "fat-finger" issue (you looked for "shif+Z" but pressed
"shift+<" instead) :-)

> I have Enigmail 0.95.0 plugin. Is that so, that each outgoing Icedove
> e-mail is processed by Enigmail, and Enigmail can change it?? What is
> the workflow here?

Did you encrypt or sign the message? I don't use Enigmail but neither see
any good reason to "alter" the content of a message in that specific
manner.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón