Re: Customising Debian install

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 07:21:22PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 05 May 2011 18:12:47 +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:

> > For certain things like removing OpenOffice and replacing it with
> > LibreOffice this approach works but is time consuming.  For other
> > packages it just results in disaster, for example  Ive tried removing
> > the empathy package and have inadvertently removed the entire OS.
>
> How is that? Empathy is just an IM client, it should be easily
> removable :-?

The problem here, I think, is that gnome-desktop-environment depends on
empathy. As with many of these "all encomapssing" meta packages you are
usually better off picking just the subset of packages that you actually
want.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Mere nonexistence is a feeble excuse for declaring a thing unseeable. You
*can* see dragons.  You just have to look in the right direction.