Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:33 PM, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
Freeman wrote at 2011-05-03 15:19 -0500:
> Now I want a simmed phone with no contract to boot at a  price that seems
> reasonable for carrying a highly breakable electronic distraction in my
> pocket.

Precisely what I have been looking for myself.  I am tired of Verizon
squeezing all they can from customers, and would like reasonable prepaid
service.  I also could easily give up texting.  Suggestions welcome.

I have been researching this since I am in the same position with AT&T. The primary phone on our line is $90/month, and the secondary is $30. I called AT&T and asked them if they could help "keep an AT&T customer from becoming a former AT&T customer." Why should I pay $120/month for 700m talk/unlimited text/no data and be shackled into a two year contract, when the pay-as-you-go plans are as little as $35/month for all-you-can-eat, including data.

Unfortunately, the downside is that all of the PAYG services I have found so far (I've looked at Virgin Mobile and Boost, seemingly the two largest) appear to be on Sprint's network (in the US), and therefore are CDMA. Since the N900 is GSM, it goes back to, for me anyway, an internet tablet like the N810.

--b