I have installed Debian on my Thinkpad but mouse Cursor is not displayed.

I installed Debian 6.0.1 yesterday on my PC ( IBM Thinkpad X40 ), but a problem occurs.
The mouse cursor telling me its position isn't displayed. I tried R-L click  or drug and then, some options and rectangle is appeared.
So I think this means there are mouse position but can't be seen. I guess it is a problem related to graphical hardware device.
Is there anyone who gives me some advice to display my mouse cursor.