Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On May 3, 2011 11:06 AM, "green" <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:

> giovanni_re wrote at 2011-05-02 22:35 -0500:
> > What Smartphone do you use?
>
> Probably the Nokia N810 does not count, considering it is not GSM or CDMA
> capable.  And at this point it seems unlikely that Debian will ever run on
> it.

Whaaaaat? Might want to Google again. IIRC, Nokia's phones were the closest to linux 5+ years before Apple or Google ever thought of making a phone. The n7xx, n8xx and n9xx should run most (if not all?) linux programs that can be compiled on an ARM.

IIRC, OS2008 was a port of debian.

Also, even symbian has Unix roots as I remember an old defcon or bh talk where the guy was explaining how they had implemented an old kernel with tons of known vulnerabilities.