Re: [SOLVED] Re: Anyone know now long backports.org will be down?

On May 1, 2011 9:58 AM, "Henrique de Moraes Holschuh" <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, shawn wilson wrote:
> > All the same, they should know better than to break part of the internet.
> > That's sorta uncalled for.
>
> Someone has to pay for the domain and hosting and bandwidth for the redirect
> server.  Are you volunteering to do that?  It would be most welcome, I am
> sure.

It should cost $7 to $10 per year to keep the domain. So, the closest I can find is 'donate services and hardware' here: http://www.debian.org/donations so someone has a month until the domain expires or two (?) until it goes back into the pool for anyone to buy to tell me how to make sure that's maintained.

Oh, and I don't really think there's any maintaining servers sense (the majority of?) that data is on debian.org/backports IIRC. I think this was more of a political issue than a money / time / anything else issue.