Re: Why has emacs 23 become so ugly?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Why has emacs 23 become so ugly?
- From: Hendrik Boom <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 02:35:30 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 01 May 2011 02:21:25 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I'm still running squeeze. For some reason, when I run emacs now, it
> dieplays all my C and C++ files with a variable-width font, in which the
> indentations I've been using have become microscopic. What's more,
> carefully counted-out ASCII tables and diagrams have become unreadable.
> Why is this? Why has this nonsense been inflicted on programmers? What
> can I do about it? Why should it even be necessary to do anything,
> considering that emacs is presumably maintained by programmers?
> -- hendrik
Directory listings no longer line up, and are that much more unreadable.
Am I going to have to change to vi?