Re: single cable dual nic?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, shawn wilson wrote:
> Can this even be done on a dumb switch? I remember there were quite a few

No.  The switch needs to support LACP for auto-configuring bonded links.
You might even find an unmanaged switch capable of such, but it won't be a
dumb switch by any means.

Your best bet is a managed/"web" switch that lists 802.3ad/LACP support in
its datasheet.

> options to get the 'bond' interface to work. But, I figured one way or the
> other, you needed hardware on the other end to know what the hell you're
> doing?

Yes.  Even LACP for autoconfiguration is not usually enabled by default.

  Henrique Holschuh