Re: Libtrash: Have any of you successfully activated it?

Dne, 25. 04. 2011 05:46:18 je Jason Hsu napisal(a):
I've been able to get libtrash to PARTIALLY work. It only works on non-empty files and ONLY files deleted through the GUI. Libtrash does NOT work for files deleted through the "rm" command.

What do I need to do to get for libtrash to work for files deleted through the "rm" command? If this isn't possible, is there another package I can install to fill the gap?

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=why_can_t_we_throw_away_desktop_trashcan&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

It won't exactly fill the gap, but is a funny read nonetheless.

Perhaps btrfs, with its roll-back capability, is what you're after. For the occasional undelete now and then, it's bound to be better than any userland trashcan implementation.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.