Re: Monitors requiring interlaced video modes with older Nvidia video cards are out of options in wheezy

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:14:39 -0400 (EDT), Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> I really don't see why nv had to be dropped from the distribution.
>
> It is no longer maintained.  NVidia abandoned it a while ago.  It was still
> maintained by the X.org developers for a while.  However, the Nouveau driver
> reaching some level of usefulness has seen the X.org developers stop
> supporting the nv driver.

I guess that makes sense.  I only wish that X.org had waited until the nouveau
driver was more mature (such as support for interlaced video modes) before
dropping support for nv.  nv has a niche that cannot be easily filled by any
other driver, as my situation illustrates.  And the lack of response to my bug
report is also disappointing.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :