Re: Please recommend an external HDD enclosure

On 04/23/2011 06:04 PM, Leonardo Ruoso wrote:
> Sounds like the problem is in your host, can you try the same pieces in
> another box?

Actually I tried on two boxes, a desktop running Squeeze and a notebook
running Wheezy.

The first enclosure failed on both, the second worked for a while and
then I had to 'halt -nf' the computer. Probably the filesystem became
corrupt during this, because the case signaled an error afterwards.

Anyway I solved my problem by connecting the hdd directly to the
motherboard.

I'd like to research this further, but I've returned both cases to the shop.

--
Regards
    Panayiotis Karabassis