Re: Anyone using recoll in wheezy or sid?

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:20:33 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> I have recoll installed on stable, wheezy and sid.  It is working fine
> on stable but on the other two it indexes fine but is not displaying the
> results.

(...)

Not using recoll here, but there are some bugs for it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=recoll;dist=unstable

OTOH, take a quick look into the upstream bugs (solved in 1.15.7):

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/BUGS.html#b_1_15_2

Also, try with a new user, just in case.

> I am looking for a replacement but have yet to find a worthy one.

GNOME and KDE have both very good search desktop engines focused at them,
Tracker for the former and Strigi/Nepomuk for the latter.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón