Re: file systems

Another one that should have gone to the list.

On 22 April 2011 07:52, Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com> wrote:

On 22 April 2011 05:27, prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> wrote:
prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> are there any feelings or recommendations regarding the above?

one possibility i forgot to ask about is zfs using debian/freebsd.
i understand that zfs works well with freebsd, so presumably it would
with debian/freebsd as well.

i'm curious as to feelings on this combo vs xfs with straight debian
(which is really what we are leaning to) as we start our research on the
matter.

I think zfs is absolutely brilliant and that Debian should take a serious look at it as contender for the default.
Regards,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.