Re: Result of entering 'v' within mutt

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:30:38AM -0500, green wrote:
> Alan McConnell wrote at 2011-04-21 09:34 -0500:
> > I have looked at /etc/mailcap in my new squeeze, and also
> > at the mailcap in my backup of my etc etc.  They seem to be
> > different files.  I have greped "new-tab" in both and
> > it isn't to be found
>
> No, you need to add it.  And the file to edit is probably: ~/.mailcap
> Add a line like:
> text/html; iceweasel -new-tab '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"; nametemplate=%s.html
>
> If another text/html; entry exists, you may need to comment (#) it.
     	     Bingo!  I didn't have a .mailcap in my home directory, I
	     just created it populated with the line above.  And now
	     my mutt puts the stuff into a Tab just like I wanted.
	     Mr Green is herewith added to my growing list of Geniuses!

How did you ever know about this, Mr Green?  is this documented anywhere,
or did you intuit it?  Maybe you are the mutt developer?  You've
certainly added evidence to my claim, made in a different E-mail,
that E-mail, the killer app, is by no means a piece of cake to
set up correctly.

Anyway,  many thanks, and I'll pass this along to the mutt E-list.

Greetings to all!

Alan McConnell, in Silver Spring MD

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
   Know thyself.  If you need help, call the C.I.A.