Re: [OT] Purchasing a wired switch; advice needed [question]

Thanx to all who shared their thoughts, you've been really helpful guys (as always).

As many pointed out, the crux of the question is my ISP who's only giving me one IP number. You've helped me understand why a switch won't do and why a router is needed.

So, for the time being, I will keep the el cheapo router supplied by my new ISP, and see how it goes. If it starts to give me trouble like the old router did, I'll replace it with something more sturdy, with a faster CPU and 64-128 MB RAM.

Or just wait for IP6 to become mandatory ... ;)

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.