problem with Asus EEE SSD (slowdown, hibernate causes error)

Recently I've been noticing some slowdown issues with Debian Squeeze on my Asus EEE. Some paging operations measured with LatencyTOP take upwards of 4 seconds while the drive light stays solid on the entire time. I have zero messages during normal use from dmesg. However, if I try to resume from a hibernated state, I get the ATA error described here:�https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libatasmart/+bug/445852

I've tried the workarounds listed in that report but I still have the same issue. Does anyone know if this issue has been reported for Debian and, if so, it was addressed?

Thanks,
- Mike