Re: Libre Office Impress.

Dne, 19. 04. 2011 04:42:40 je Heddle Weaver napisal(a):
On 19 April 2011 10:34, Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:

> On Monday 18 April 2011 12:20:13 pm Heddle Weaver wrote:
> > Using this programme on a Debian SID base. When I used OO Impress, I had > > access to a full range of presentation backgrounds, which I believe came
> by
> > way of a separate package install. I can't see an equivalent package for
> LO
> > Impress in Aptitude. No news from an extremely slow Freenode #libreoffice > > and I can find nothing on the LibreOfffice site. I am old and blind, so I > > may have missed something. Does anybody have any information on this?
> >
> > I know I can change backgrounds through the 'format' menu tab, but the > > backgrounds I did have access to were usually all I needed except for
> > exceptional requirement.
> > Thanks for any time and trouble.
> > Regards,
> >
> > Weaver.
>
> AFAIk, OO used a separate site for add-ons and the like, was this an
> add-on?

It might have been, but I don't think so. I'm sure it was in the
repositories, though not there now. I'll look on the OO site later and if it's there I'll install it. Some of the presentation backgrounds I used from OO in the past are represented properly in LO, so it should be compatible.
I'll get back regarding this and possibly record a bug with LO

> Depending on licensing issues, everything should be in Debians
> repositories.
> My preference is to use only Debians repositories for LO stuff.

Well, yes, everything with both OO and LO are.
I can never remember seeing a contrib or non-free package, but then I've
never looked until today, just to make sure.
Regards and thanks,

Weaver

I'd be very interested to learn the name of that package. I never knew such add-ons existed in the Debian repositories; I ended up manually downloading OO Impress templates from all over the Internet, one by one. Luckily, there's no shortage of nice templates/backgrounds out there. FWIW, MS Power Point templates are compatible with OO Impress (and so should be Libre Office, I suppose). If you succeed in tracking down the Debian package containing Impress templates, make sure to post back to the list, so others can profit ;)

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.