Re: New to Linux

On 19 April 2011 10:06, Steven Rosenberg <stevenhrosenberg@gmail.com> wrote:

"Practicing" installing the system and doing it a bunch of times also helps a lot.

Massive <snip>

A bunch? I've done it a million times more than necessary and everytime I've learnt something. I've fallen asleep over the keyboard installing for the fifth time at about 3 am.

I've often thought that the path to a particular package or doc or whatever could be included in the 'About' section of the help tab and at the head of the docs themselves, just to help noobs find their way around the system.
That would do a lot to help with initial orientation.
Regards,

Weaver
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.