Procmailrc question

I once had my email working nicely, but over the last few years
the setup has decayed. I am now running wheezy with fetchmail to
get email from my ISP, exim4 to send outgoing email to my ISP, and
do other things locally, and procmail running in my $home. I have
no interest in setting up system-wide (i.e. several users) mail
delivery since I am the only user of email here. I have been keeping
the same .procmailrc file from well before the transition from
exim3 to exim4, making ad hoc kludge changes only when absolutely
forced to, and largely without a clue as to what I was doing.

I once had spamassassin working, but for a long while it has not
been working. Certainly there has been no evidence of it working
since I installed xfce under wheezy. Today I noticed in my
.procmailrc the following line, which is left over from long ago:

PATH=/usr/local/nmh/lib:/usr/local/nmh/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

This line is there for the benefit of the scripting that inplements
the recipes that follow. But this is wrong for my wheezy!!! In
particular, everything in /usr was put there by installing wheezy with
a squeeze business-card CD followed by debian package installs using
aptitude pointing to ftp.us.debian.org/debian/. Aptitude says that the
package nmh is installed. But there is no directory /usr/local/nmh/ on
the computer. Sometime in the past the organization of Debian /usr
transitioned from having that directory to not have it. It's been long
enough that it may have gone thru several transitions while I was
confused and inattentive (because of poor access to emails, perhaps)

Anyway, I think I need a PATH statement that is appropriate for
Debian wheezy before I can do any meaningful debugging.

Can someone who is running a single user Wheezy system using single
user .procmailrc and spamassassin (or spamc/spamd) please post a copy
of the PATH statement is a working setup?

As an added goody, please tell me where you got the information.
Did it get installed automagically by a Debian package? Or what?

TIA
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net