Re: How to install Fedora&Ubuntu with encrypted VG's on one disk?

On 16/04/11 13:23, johhny_at_poland77 wrote:
nobody has an idea? :(

Well, a good idea would be for you to post on some relevant list - try Fedora or Ubuntu.

I doubt whether any debianites could give you an answer.

---- Be Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:43:49 -0700 johhny_at_poland77  írta ----

I installed a Fedora 14 first, then an Ubuntu 10.04. I installed them using dm_crypt/aes256/lvm, so i used encrypted VolumeGroups. ok.

At the end of the ubuntu install it said it cannot install GRUB...ok
So i had to use SuperGRUBdisk to start Fedora&give out the command: "grub-install /dev/sda", OK! now i can boot to fedora normally, without using supergrubdisk..
But: the problem is, that i can't boot to ubuntu!

Q: Is there any working way to install Fedora 14&  Ubuntu 10.04 using (separated) encrypted VolumeGroups? (each volumegroup with other password)..so that 2 users (who knows the root passwords of their own distro) can use 1 pc? (so that they cannot see each others files..)
Thanks..

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |