Re: error installing kernel-image, solved

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:26:13 -0400 (EDT), Hans Jespersen wrote:

> /etc/kernel-img.conf contained the line ramdisk = /usr/sbin/yaird
> I changed it to ramdisk = /usr/sbin/update-initramfs, and the installation
> continued without errors.
>
> I now have squeeze up and running. Tanks for helping me out on this.
>
> Best regards, Hans

Please don't top post.

I'm glad you were able to finish the upgrade, but you really should
delete the line from /etc/kernel-img.conf rather than edit it.
The stock kernel maintainer scripts create and delete their initial
RAM file systems without it, and the hook scripts in
/etc/kernel/postinst.d and /etc/kernel/postrm.d take care of
creating and deleting the initial RAM file system images for custom
kernels.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :