X and console problems

Hi
After changing my hardware I got problem that seems coming from X server (Squeeze Debian / stable). When I stop X session, consoles are useless. The cursor is blinking. When I type a command, it does not appear but if I hit 'enter ', it is launched. So, I can restart X or MC for example. If I want to get a normal console as root, I have to reconnect as root on a new console that becomes unusable after relaunching X.
If I'm not running X after boot, consoles work normally.
May be helpful: when I exit X, I get this message on console:
'setting MTRR (base = 0xd0000000, size = 0x1000000, type = 1 invalid argument (22)' Another problem: when I activate xscreensaver (with xset for example), I lose monitor signal (Message: "no signal, check input signal") with X and I have to go through the console with F7 or F8 to get X. My Matrox P690 graphics card doesn't not with the driver (MTX) from Matrox, so I start X with the vesa driver without xorg.conf, waiting to resolve the Matrox problem (Matrox driver (mtx) for P690 is out of date and is not free.....).
Thanks for any help.