Re: problem with apt-get install AND apt-get upgrade

In <[🔎] 1038309152.3627061.1302793651098.JavaMail.fmail@mwmweb038>, Christian
Jakob wrote:
>fsck did something, but it doesn't fix the problem ...
>
>root@debian # dpkg -l | grep aptitude
>root@debian # apt-get install aptitude
>Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
>Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut
>Lese Status-Informationen ein... Fertig
>Paket aptitude ist nicht verfügbar, wird aber von einem anderen
>Paket referenziert. Das kann heißen, dass das Paket fehlt, dass es veraltet
>ist oder nur aus einer anderen Quelle verfügbar ist.
>E: Paket aptitude hat keinen Installationskandidaten

When posting error messages to the list, please use the untranslated versions.
You can do this for a single command by prefixing it with "LC_ALL=C ".  You
can do this for all commands in the rest of your shell by doing (export
LC_ALL=C).

>What the hell ...?

I think you need to run (apt-get update) now.  Please post the output of the
update run as well as the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list and
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/*