Re: Annoying sound speakers "clicks" on laptop

Am Dienstag, 12. April 2011 schrieb Rob Gom:
> Dear Lazyweb^wDebian users,
> I have specific sound problem, which I don't know how to address. The
> problem manifests itself by "clicking" sound from my laptop speakers,
> looking (hearing) as turning on old amplifier or just (re-/dis-)
> connecting the cables.
> It started a few months ago. I don't know - was it KDE upgrade,
> something with acpi, or something else.
> It looks like that: I start kdm, first clicks appear as well. After
> entering password they can be heard about 4 times. Then the most
> reproducible way of hearing them is to view some sites with embedded
> youtube clips.
> Logs contain no useful information, but the problem is starting to be
> more and more annoying.
> Where should I look further? Is it something known? Do you have any
> clues, or even better, solutions to that?
>
> Best regards,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

a workaround is, just to silence the speaker. You can use alsamixer for it in
console and adjust the speaker - or just shut it off.

Maybe there is a better solution, so this is just a workaround.

Another idea might be, to blacklist the kernel module "pcspkr".

Good luck!

Hans