Running screen from different user account

Hello,

I'm trying to start my hlds game server from account different than
root. From what I've read over internet the best way to do it is to
login as via ssh. But my system is set in way that would require me to
setup another instance of sshd. Therefore I would like to do it some
standard / other way.

After calling fallowing command:
su -l hlds -c "/opt/screen-4.0.3/bin/screen -S hlds2
/home/hlds/server/hlds_run -game cstrike -binary
/home/hlds/server/hlds_i686 +exec server.cfg"
I immediately receive fallowing response:
[screen is terminating]

When I put screens whole command for su to execute to separate file:
su -l hlds -c /home/hlds/myHlds.sh
It works for some weird reason.

The only thing is that it does not allow my to attach my screen session:
su hlds
screen -r
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/0' - please check.

I found out that its because pts/0 belongs to root. On board where it
was explained they advised to set chmod o+rw /dev/pts/0

AND ! finally THE main dish...
It worries me a bit since it seems to me it may be security issue.

Any advices and links for articles will be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards