Re: 2.6.38 kernel offered this morning, but not this afternoon?

On 04/12/2011 08:31 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:20:33 -0400
Gilbert Sullivan<whirlygig@comcast.net>  wrote:

Hello Gilbert,

Does anyone know what gives?

I thought I noticed this too.  Turns out I didn't have
'linux-image-amd64' installed, so wasn't offered the upgrade, despite
the package being available.

You make a good point.

I'll check the two systems on which I didn't get the offer when I get home this afternoon. It's my custom to install the kernel metapackages on every system, but I do remember some confusion a while back with respect to a kernel metapackage (IIRC) which is no longer kept in the repositories. Perhaps I set those two systems up at that time, removed the old metapackage, and never installed the new one.

That would have been kind of dumb of me. News flash!

Not.

;-)

Thanks.