Re: New user questions

On 04/11/2011 10:15 AM, Michael wrote:
I used Debian about four years ago and enjoyed it. The computer I had it
on died and my wife wouldn't let me put it on our shared computer. Well,
I have another hand-me-down (laptop) that I've put Debian on but am
having some issues.

First, is this the correct newsgroup for such "newbies"? If not, please
tell me which newsgroup would be the more appropriate one.

Yes, this is the correct place.

Suggestion, though: read /How To Ask Questions The Smart Way/.

corrupt."