Re: Your favorite bug tracking system

Hi,

Am 11.04.2011 09:55, schrieb Frank Van Damme:
> 2011/4/7 Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin) <mstaaravin@gmail.com>:
>>
>> http://www.redmine.org/
>>
>> Integrate issues, wiki, etc.
>
> Very practical piece of software indeed, I have also used Trac which
> has more or less the same basic set of features (integration
> bugtracking-wiki-project management etc) and I consider Trac to be the
> more user friendly option (it accepts email "in", in the release I
> used it was a not-hard-to-add-on feature). Redmine allows a lot more
> flexibility in roles though, you can also run multiple projects in one
> instance which is not possibly in Trac (need to create differenc
> instances + you can't have the same level in integration, pe. type
> #441 in a wiki page to link to bug in an other project).
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, when writing about "email
in" and "email ingestion", but redmine support controlling it using
email (change issues, create issues). Perhaps it could be a problem,
that it doesn't allow this for unregistered users.

http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineReceivingEmails#How-it-works

My 2 Cent,
Enno

P.S.: If you like Redmine, you should try ChiliProject:
www.chiliproject.org, which is a community fork of redmine.
https://www.chiliproject.org/projects/chiliproject/wiki/Why_Fork