Re: Your favorite bug tracking system

On 7 April 2011 21:06, Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin)
<mstaaravin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com> wrote:
>> I need a bug tracking system for Swift Linux (www.swiftlinux.org).

I submit that this is somewhat OT for debian-user and should be marked
as such or discussed elsewhere.

> http://www.redmine.org/
> Integrate issues, wiki, etc.

Nice tool (I (have) run it in a few places), but it has a real
weakness when it comes to email. It doesn't do ingestion out of the
box, and needs fairly nasty ad-hoc scripting to do with any
regularity.

Also, be aware that when sending email /out/, it can only have one
emission address configured - globally. YMMV but that rules it out for
some specific uses that I'd otherwise have considered it for. It's
also, AFAICT, not high on the developers' list of things that need
fixing as Redmine is "[a] flexible project management web
application", not a trouble ticket system or bug tracker in the first
instance.

HTH
Jonathan
--