Re: Managing large numbers (100+) of Debian-based machines

On 07/04/11 20:01, Peter Beck wrote:

what about puppet ? Anyone made experience with puppet on debian ?
I do lots of Puppet on Debian, and it's a good way to get consistent machines. Not sure it's the right thing for the OP, I got the impression that they were just after I way of making sure all the boxes were updated.

If it's just updates, something like cron-apt might be the best thing. If it's managing the whole machine, Puppet/Cfengine is the way to go (though there is a learning curve).