Re: Installing LaTeX (or any other software) without documentation

Thank you all.
I choosed a gui approach in aptitude (deselecting unwanted docs packages manually).
Chris.

2011/4/7 Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist@gmail.com>
2011-04-07 09:42, bars0 bars0 skrev:
I need to install LaTeX in my machine, but without documentation.
How can I achieve this via aptitude or apt-get?

I prefer the gui-like interface to aptitude (started with "aptitude"), where I can review and alter the proposed package selection. In your case you would get a list of packages that aptitude will want to install (all that are recommended by the packages you select) and you can manually select which ones you want.

(The keybindings are unintuitive for me, so I recommend opening the help by typing a "?", and having some patience in the beginning. The workflow is to find the packages you want, mark them for installation with "+", preview actions with "g", alter the actions by unmarking packages with "-", and then confirming with "g" again.)

Hope it helps

Johan