Re: how to give priority to local repository

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 09:39:27AM +0200, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> Sometimes I have the same version of sofware  in my local repository and the
> remote repos,
> of course I want to install the soft from the local,
> plaease HOW TO tell this to apt-get .

You can achieve that with pinning. You've to increase the priority for your
repository over the 500 default. See 'apt-cache policy' and
'man 5 apt_preferences' for the details.

And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.
     [ Streetlight Manifesto - Here's To Life ]