Re: How can I input Chinese under the Linux console?

On Wednesday 06 April 2011 21:31:29 张启德 wrote:
> 2011/4/6 Michael Tsang <miklcct@gmail.com>:
>
> Try zchon or fbterm, you should run " zhcon --utf8" instead of "zhcon"
> . The default encoding in zhcon is GB2312,
>  but you locale is set to utf8, so zhcon cannot display chinese
> properly. If you want to browse the webpage such
> as "www.sina.com.cn" using lynx or w3m in console, you should run
> "zhon". Most of the webpage encoding in China website
> is set to GB2312,GBK, or  GB18030.
>
> If you more like fbterm , you can input Chinese using "fbterm-ucimf"
> in squeeze ( zhcon has its own input method).
zhcon --utf8 completely messes up my terminal so I can't use it.
jfbterm works well, if I can find an input method for it, then it is near
perfect (but I still can't use the mouse in it).
fbterm works, but it makes w3m unable to display images in the framebuffer
(jfbterm can). However, I still can't activate any input methods.