Re: Addressing a machine behind the router without port forwarding or DMZ

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 15:35, Steven <redalert.commander@gmail.com> wrote:
> To my knowledge, no, there is not. Only if the traffic is part of an
> existing connection created by one of the machines inside your LAN.

Thanks, that is what I suspected.

> If he wants access to computer 1, your router would need to be
> compromised (or computer 1 using some kind of malware, then computer 1
> could initiate the traffic itself. The malware could be hosted on an
> external website you need to visit).

It doesn't need to be malware, that would fall under the idea of
configuring Computer1. But it would still require Computer1 to
initiate the connection.

My current solution is to have Computer1 cron to check an outside URL
to see if a connection request is pending, and from where.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com