Re: Addressing a machine behind the router without port forwarding or DMZ

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 13:25, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not a Debian-specific question, but I turn to the best brains that I know.
Then OT it.

> Is there any way an individual from outside the LAN could access a
> resource (Apache for instance, or SSH) on Computer1 assuming that he
> knows Computer1's LAN IP address? Would this this be possible if he
> had access to Computer1 and could configure it somehow (without
> configuring the router)?

Without any sort of config, the only apache you could access would be
the router's. There has to be some sort of router config.

STUN is used for this, but i think it just provides an internal client
with the external IP address, for messaging behind firewalls and what
not. Maybe it's tweakable? If your internal client initiates a
connection, maybe you can start from there.

HTH,
Nuno

--
Mars 2 Stay!