Re: Problem with fonts in console

2011/4/3 wolf python london <lyh19901223@gmail.com>:
> On 3 April 2011 11:17, 张启德 <kenifanying@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/4/3 James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com>:
>>> I use the Debian OS on my laptopAcer TravelMate 3043.
>>> Earlier I used Debian Lenny AMD64, which I have upgraded to Debian
>>> Squeeze AMD64.
>>> /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input6
>>> post: no)
>>> 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
>>> 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>>> 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>>> I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, but after upgrading to Squeeze
>>> the fonts in my console became very small.
>>> I tried "sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" and "sudo dpkg-reconfigure
>>> console-cyrillic" but I have had no any success. (Under Lenny I had
>>> configured my console fonts such method without any problems).
>>> I tried to set "vga=792" into my /boot/grub.cfg but have no success too.
>>>
>> I had similar problem in squeeze, but i solved this just run "sudo
>> dpkg-reconfigure console-setup"
>>
>>     Encoding to use on the console  \\UTF-8
>>     Character set to support    \\ # Latin1 and Latin5 - western
>> Europe and Turkic languages
>>     Font for the console  \\VGA (TerminusBold or TerminusBoldVGA  may
>> be better)
>>     Font size  \\16
>>
> I come across this problem too , but the size of chars is still small .
> And I was wondering what's the default configuration of lenny ? anyone knows?

Yes, It's the default configuration in squeeze, but i don't kown in lenny.

It seems that the default font for the console is "Fixed".
"Fixed" and" Terminus" fonts in console  is small and ugly for me.

see below, I copy it from console-setup

"VGA" has a traditional appearance and has medium coverage of             │
 │ international scripts. "Fixed" has a simplistic appearance and has        │
 │ better coverage of international scripts. "Terminus" may help to reduce   │
 │ eye fatigue, though some symbols have a similar aspect which may be a     │
 │ problem for programmers.                                                  │
 │                                                                           │
 │ If you prefer a bold version of the Terminus font, choose either          │
 │ TerminusBold (if you use a framebuffer) or TerminusBoldVGA (otherwise).

if you run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" and select "Fixed" or
"Terminus"
as the the default fonts in console,  the fonts is still small.
Choose "VGA" as the default fonts and set font size to 16 is good enough to me.
You can try "TerminusBold" or "TerminusBoldVGA", they all  better than "VGA".

Then, reboot the computer, the fonts in console will change.
Sorry for my English.

Good Luck!