Kmail and Scribus 1.5.0 on Debian Testing.

I have been a Slackware guy for more than a decade, but recently I
have encountered an intractable problem.  I really need two programs
for my daily work. Slack 13.0 will handle Kmail like a champ but
because of elderly version of Qt4 won't compile the developmental
package  Scribus 1.5.0.  Slack 13.1 will compie Scribus 1.5.0 ( I do
this overnight) but Kmail is thoroughly messed up.

So I tuned to Debian Testing. I used apt-get to add the compiler stuff,
KDE for Kmail, svn, cmake and so on. But something, almost certainly
KDE, has screwed up  parts of Qt4. When I attempt to compile Scribus
1.5.0 I get these error messages:
Warning: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as /usr/lib
Warning: But QtCore couldn't be found.  Qt must NOT be installed
correctly, or it wasn't found for cross compiling.
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4.cmake:642
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find QtCore.  Check
/usr/local/src/s150/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
  for more details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:465 (FIND_PACKAGE)
etc.
Here is my script for compiling and installing Scribus 1.5.0:
cd /usr/local/src/
svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus s150
cd s150
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn -
DWANT_SCRIPTER2=1
make
make install
cd scribus
rm /usr/local/bin/scrib5
ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib5
The above script works regularly. on slack 13.1 but not unfortunately
on my copy of Debian Testing.  I'll try copying the copy of QtCore.so
found in the Python directories to /usr/lib but I am not sanguine
about the results.

My base question: assuming that important parts of Qt4 have been
overwritten by KDE4 how do I get beck to the original testing
versions?

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: