Re: I've got a problem with tcpdump, HELP

Answer from tcpdump devels:

On 1 apr 2011, at 03:49, Benimaur Gao wrote:

> The info in this one is quite little!! without request parameter,
> without http headers, and even without the essential data return by
> the server!!
[...]
> can anyone give me some clue?
> I suspect it is cause by different version of tcpdump? if so, can I
> get the same detailed info by the older one?

Different systems use different snaplengths by default. If you want
the output the be the same, you have to set the snaplength yourself.
As you seem to want to view the whole packets, you can use '-s0' on
both systems.

Cheers,

Sake

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

======
// I should have checked the man page more carefully, thank you all!