Null modem cable; was Re (2): Serial Connection -- shielding

> I migth need to check the cables but I think it's the standard Null modem.

Yes, check the cable wiring with an ohmeter.  All the hope in the
world won't help.  As Stephen said,
> You need to find out
> *exactly* how your cross-over cable or null modem is wired.  There may
> be some asymmetry in the wiring that causes the cable to behave differently
> in opposite directions.  The wiring should be symmetrical ...

Symmetrical from end to end.  Study this article, check the cable
with an ohmeter and sketch the wiring to be sure.

Regards,              ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.