Null modem cable; was Re (2): Serial Connection -- shielding

Abbass,

> I migth need to check the cables but I think it's the standard Null modem.

Yes, check the cable wiring with an ohmeter.  All the hope in the
world won't help.  As Stephen said,
> You need to find out
> *exactly* how your cross-over cable or null modem is wired.  There may
> be some asymmetry in the wiring that causes the cable to behave differently
> in opposite directions.  The wiring should be symmetrical ...

Symmetrical from end to end.  Study this article, check the cable
with an ohmeter and sketch the wiring to be sure.
  "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem";

Regards,              ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.