Re: System becomes very slow after update to squeeze 6.0.1

Dne, 26. 03. 2011 15:45:49 je Jackie napisal(a):
I've Installed from scratch using 6.0.1 netinst CD, but slowdown too.

That strikes me as odd indeed. My machine (6715b) should be virtually identical to yours, and it supports my fully updated Squeeze without a glitch (stock GNOME install from the stock AMD64 Debian 6.0.0. DVD), regularly updated. Thus far, the only problem I had was from a failed fglrx installation that left a rogue fglrx-driver.conf in /etc/modprobe.d, blacklisting the radeon and preventing it from loading. Since I removed the file, everything works a breeze again. That was purely a PEBKAC syndrome though, no fault of Debian's.

You do have radeon-kms.conf in /etc/modprobe.d, and it has a line

options radeon modeset=1

right? And you do have no Xorg.conf whatsoever in /etc/X11, right?

The only difference I can spot is that:

1) you have a *slightly* different video card, and that
2) you installed from a netinst CD (a 386 perhaps?) as opposed to a full AMD64 DVD. 3) potentially a different selection of packages (another desktop environment? no "laptop" task installed?)

--
Good luck,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.