Re: Your favorite version control software

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> On 2011-03-25 11:39:17 Jason Hsu wrote:
>>Why do you prefer Subversion for the central repository and git for laptops?
> For laptops, or in any case where you may not have an active, reliable
> connection to the central repository, subversion just fails.  You can't
> commit, branch, etc.  All of the distributed VCSes support disconnected
> operations, even if they aren't the default.

Even with LAN access to your SVN server, try a svn-bisect and then
compare it to a git-bisect.

There is no going back to SVN, once you understand the whole
decentralized approach. git merge just works. I do agree that setting
up the git server to refuse most delete operation take some time and
tweaking.

--
Mathieu