mutt, exim, sender's email address

Is there any automatic way to have the sender's email address
changed depending on whether or not the mail is going to a list?
I try to use one address for lists which get published world wide
and another for business that only goes to a select few. I've a tiny
script to change the address in /etc/email-addresses which affects
outgoing mail but try as hard as I might I still forget to switch
sometimes and the address I'd like to keep private goes public.
Thanks,
Mike

--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.