Does the sata_sil24 eSATA driver support hot swap?

Hi,

I've got a Sil3132 esata chip on my AMD 780G mobo, and it (so far) works great with a 4-drive external enclosure. It's just that I've always had the enclosure powered on and plugged in when I boot the machine.

But I want to be able to power off the enclosure like with USB and FW enclosures. (No, I haven't tried. Don't want to fry something expensive.)

Google has been singularly unhelpful. Perusing the source seems to indicate that hot swap is supported, but my C knowledge is old and fragile.

TIA,
Ron