Re: Lots of Stable Upgrades

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:41:06 -0700
freeman <hewho7@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not counting security updates, I expected some ketchup when I followed
> squeeze into stable.  But now I am wondering how long will it continue?

An upgrade to Squeeze (6.0) called 6.0.1 was recently released,
containing all security updates that previously has been released, and
some fixes to important bugs in stable. This is the cause to the big
amount of updates right now. See

http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110319

for the announcements. I believe some updates are allowed in stable to
fix serious bugs, even if they are not security-related.

best regards
--
Andreas Rönnquist <gusnan@gusnan.se>