Re: Can't boot live DVD Debian 6, KDE, 1GB

Daniel,

When I use a Debian based live cd (Debian, Ubuntu, Mepis, etc.) the cd
starts and displays the options for the cd.  Thus, I would conclude that
initrd worked as designed.  Am I correct on this?

Beyond that point is one about good programming.  I do work for data
acquisition systems, and we have a rule: Send a command to the remote
device; set the timeout clock; if there is no response in time, try
again; if there is still no response, flag an error and move on.  NEVER
EVER hang the system because one sub-system is not responding.  Seems
like good advice for Debian (or the kernel).

That said, I will check the drive jumpers as soon as I have an hour
(allow for things that just happen).  However, this should not be needed
because Debian 5 and everything based on it still boots just fine.
Thus, I doubt that the jumper is the proximate cause of the boot
problem.

Dave,