Re: mouse pointer disappeared after upgrading to 6.0.1 in GNOME

On 03/20/2011 06:46 PM, Steven Sciame wrote:
teven@debtop:~$ aptitude show gpm
Package: gpm
State: not installed
Version: 1.20.4-3.3
This package provides a daemon that captures mouse events when the system
console is active, and delivers events to applications through a library.

By default, the daemon provides a 'selection' mode, so that
cut-and-paste with
the mouse works on the console just as it does under X.
Homepage: http://unix.schottelius.org/gpm/

That seems to be your problem, gpm is not installed.

As I do not use gnome this may not be required but the only way I can get a mouse to work is by installing the gpm package and configuring it.

Regards

WT