Re: utilizing the Scroll key

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:58:33 +0100, lee wrote:

> I would like to use the scroll key to switch the function of the Del key
> on the numpad so that pressing the Del key on the numpad either produces
> a comma (",") or a colon ("."), depending on the state of the Scroll
> key. There´s even a LED on the keyboard to display the state of the
> Scroll key, the LED doesn´t light when pressing the Scroll key.

Last time I checked, under an X environment the "scroll lock" key is
disabled (you can toggle the light on/off if you go to a tty, though).

> How would I do this?

I dunno how to do this globally with any key (not just with the scroll
lock one). I think the comma or period is written based on the keyboard
layout map which uses different decimal mark separators, so I guess that
switching between two of them (one that uses the period and other that
uses the comma) you could get the same behaviour although having to swap
the complete keyboard layout seems a bit overwhelming :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón